Debt Collection in Russia
When dealing with debt collection in Russia, you can count on Bierens to act swiftly and efficiently against your debtor. With more resources than a regular debt collection agency in Russia, our experts can help overcome the language, cultural and legal differences that arise when dealing with Russian debtors. Our specialists always start in the extrajudicial phase on a No Cure No Pay basis. Should legal action be necessary, then our debt collection lawyers can assist you in the judicial phase when applying for summary proceedings (Приказное производство) or ordinary civil proceedings (Исковое производство) against your Russian debtor. For successful debt collection in Russia, find out what our experts can do for you and recover your debt.
Debt collection in Russia explained in 7 steps
- Step 1: You can easily upload your claim here. All you have to do is enter your details, your debtor’s details and information regarding your debt collection case in Russia.
- Step 2: Your caseworker will send your Russian debtor a demand letter. This will be written in Russian and customised according to your case.
- Step 3: We start our investigation by checking international credit reports and local databases. This way we can understand why the invoice was not paid. This helps us to define our strategy to solve your debt collection case in Russia more efficiently.
- Step 4: Your caseworker will reach out to you to discuss the approach you wish to have. We adjust our strategy accordingly and you can track the status of the case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 5: If your Russian debtor fails to respond to the demand letter, then our efforts do not stop there. We will contact your debtor by phone and in writing. By directly contacting your Russian debtor, we ensure to avoid any miscommunication.
- Step 6: In some cases, we can also have your debtor visited by debt collectors. With our contacts across Russia and private detectives, we can further investigate your debtor.
- Step 7: 95% of our cases are solved in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. With the expertise of our native in-house specialists and the various resources that we have in store for your Russian debtor, we can collect your claim. If your debtor refuses to pay or disputes the case, we can continue in the legal phase in consultation with you. Before doing so, we extensively discuss your options and possible costs.
International experts for debt collection in Russia
With a team of more than 115+ experts in international recovery, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know on debt recovery in Russia. With each specialising in different countries and industries, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know in both the extrajudicial and judicial phase. By overcoming the language, cultural and legal differences, our international debt collection specialist can have your unpaid debt recovered in no time. Find out more about our international team here.
Free advice from the best debt collection specialists
Debt collection costs: No Cure No Pay debt collection in Russia
When solving your debt collection in Russia, we aim to recover your debt without court intervention. We start on a No Cure No Pay basis, whereby we charge €150,- for administrative costs. We aim to collect the interest and costs from your debtor; however, this differs per case. With more resources than regular debt collection agencies in Russia, you can expect the following:
- Personal contact with your caseworker
- Personal contact with your Russian debtor by phone and in writing
- Customised strategy according to your case
- Access to the largest national and international B2B debt collection databases
- Real knowledge of local business cultures and payment behaviours
- Knowledge of national and international judicial procedures
- Honest advice if legal action is necessary
If legal action is required, then we move to an hourly or fixed fee. We will only do so in consultation with you. You can view our fees here.
Debt collection laws in Russia
Debt collection laws in Russia may differ compared to the regulations in your country. Often following local procedures is much more effective and faster. With a Russian lawyer by your side, they can initiate the following procedures on your behalf:
Приказное производство: Summary proceedings
If you have an undisputed claim, then the "Приказное производство" procedure can be initiated. With these summary proceedings, an enforceable title is obtained timely and efficiently. After a judge has reached a verdict, our lawyers will immediately deploy the necessary means to execute this judgement.
Исковое производство: Ordinary civil proceedings
In case of a disputed claim, when your debtor disagrees with the invoice, our lawyers can submit a writ of summons ("Иск"). Both parties will then have to present their cases in court. In certain cases, the judge will reach a verdict immediately, while in others a hearing will be necessary. Depending on amount and complexity of your case, your lawyer will determine the best course of action and applicable procedure.
Debt collection enforcement in Russia
Once our lawyers have received a judgement against your Russian debtor, the judgement will still have to be enforced. With different enforcement laws in Russia, our experts can explain how these work and help have measures enforced on your behalf.
Limitation period in Russia
An outstanding invoice cannot be collected forever. Once an invoice becomes time-barred, you cannot recover the unpaid amount through court intervention. That’s why it is important to know that payment claims in Russia have a limitation period of 3 years. This commences as soon as the claim us due and payable.
While a limitation period of 3 year applies to payment claims, claims under transport law have a limitation period of 1 year. Moreover, if you wish to interrupt the limitation period, this can be done with an official acknowledgment of the outstanding debt by the Russian debtor.
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in Russia?
- Highest collection rate throughout Russia
- Extensive measures to recover your debt in the extrajudicial and judicial phase
- No Cure No Pay debt collection in Russia
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
- 24/7 tracking of your case in our online portal
“Did you know that when litigating against foreign debtors, you should consider the competent court and applicable law?”
Start your debt collection in Russia today
Start your debt collection case in Russia today! While our international debt collection team gets started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.