Are you a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with a hands-on mentality? Are you a commercial talent and would you like to experience working in an international team of lawyers in Amsterdam? Do you enjoy working in a position where there is room to carry out your innovative ideas? Then you should definitely read this vacancy.
Your daily activities
In this exciting role as a Solicitor, you will not only be responsible for your caseload but will also manage the UK team. On a daily basis, you will be in contact with clients, debtors and other lawyers. You will be supported by very capable colleagues, whom you will also be responsible (in part) for training and developing.
On any day, you could be drafting correspondence, settlement agreements, terms and conditions or court pleadings, giving advice on UK law in an international case, reviewing contracts or even flying to attend a settlement meeting in another country!
We are very much a team here at Bierens, and we expect all of our lawyers to actively contribute to the development of the practice as a whole. You are encouraged to make full use of your commercial skills and explore new ideas. As Bierens is focused on cross-border business, we would also expect our new Solicitor to further strengthen the practice by helping to bring in UK clients with cases elsewhere in Europe.
Why should you choose Bierens?
• You will be working in a dynamic, ambitious international organisation;
• You will be working with a young and enthusiastic team (check for a first impression);
• You have the opportunity to grow through in-house courses and the Bierens Academy in Dutch (international) law;
• You will be working in the heart of Amsterdam (check for an impression);
• You are entitled to 27 holidays a year based on a 40-hour workweek;
• We like challenging you, therefore we appreciate creativity, initiative and new ideas;
• You will work with interesting clients from SME's till multinationals from all over Europe;
• We regularly organize fun activities for the office;
You are our new colleague if you:
• Are a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales;
• Have at least 5 years of recent experience;
• Speak English on an idiomatic level;
• Have experience with contract law and commercial litigation/dispute resolution;
• Have excellent communication skills and you do not shy away from speaking to clients on the phone and in meetings;
• Have a hands-on mentality, ready to be part of an international informal team;
• Experience with EU / international private law, or cross-border work as 95% of your cases will be from foreign clients
• Knowledge of other European languages (especially Dutch);
• Current following of UK-based (business) clients.
Are you our Solicitor? Then please send your motivational letter and CV to us by clicking the “Apply button”.
If you have any further questions?
Please call Felix Bindels (HR Advisor) via + 31 (0)20 312 1100.