Debt Collection in
- Effortlessly start your case within 2 minutes
- International debt collection lawyers
- Assistance in the pre-legal phase or Изпълнителнопроизводство (Order for Payment Procedure) or the Изпълнително производство (Ordinary Civil Proceedings) in the judicial phase
- Debt collection in Sofia, Plovdiv or Varna? 95% success rate throughout Bulgaria
- No Cure No Pay debt collection
When dealing with debt collection in Bulgaria, you can count on Bierens to act swiftly and efficiently against your debtor. With more resources than a regular debt collection agency in Bulgaria, our experts can help overcome the language, cultural and legal differences that arise when dealing with Bulgarian debtors. Our specialists always start in the extrajudicial phase on a No Cure No Pay basis. Should legal action be necessary, then our debt collection lawyers can assist you in the judicial phase when applying for the Изпълнителнопроизводство (Order for Payment Procedure) or the Изпълнително производство (Ordinary Civil Proceedings) against your Bulgarian debtor. For successful debt collection in Bulgaria, find out what our experts can do for you and recover your debt.
Recover your unpaid invoices in Bulgaria in 7 simple steps
- Step 1: You can easily upload your claim here. All you have to do is enter your details, your debtor’s details and information regarding your debt collection case in Bulgaria.
- Step 2: Your caseworker will send your debtor a demand letter. This will be written in Bulgarian and customised according to your case.
- Step 3: We start our investigation by checking international credit reports and local databases. This way we can understand why the invoice was not paid. This helps us to define our strategy to solve your debt collection case in Bulgaria more efficiently.
- Step 4: Your caseworker will reach out to you to discuss the approach you wish to have. We adjust our strategy accordingly and you can track the status of the case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 5: If your Bulgarian debtor fails to respond to the demand letter, then our efforts do not stop there. We will contact your debtor by phone and in writing. By directly contacting your Bulgarian debtor, we ensure to avoid any miscommunication.
- Step 6: In some cases, we can also have your debtor visited by debt collectors. With our contacts across Bulgaria and private detectives, we can further investigate your debtor.
- Step 7: 95% of our cases are solved in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. With the expertise of our native in-house specialists and the various resources that we have in store for your Bulgarian debtor, we can collect your claim. If your debtor refuses to pay or disputes the case, we can continue in the legal phase in consultation with you. Before doing so, we extensively discuss your options and possible costs.
International experts for debt collection in Bulgaria
With a team of more than 115+ experts in international debt collection, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know on debt recovery in Bulgaria. With each specialising in different countries and industries, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know in both the extrajudicial and judicial phases. By overcoming the language, cultural and legal differences, our international debt collection specialist can have your unpaid debt recovered in no time. Find out more about our international team here.
Free advice from the best debt collection specialists
Debt collection costs: No Cure No Pay debt collection in Bulgaria
When solving your debt collection in Bulgaria, we aim to recover your debt without court intervention. We start on a No Cure No Pay basis, whereby we charge €165,- for administrative costs. We aim to collect the interest and costs from your debtor; however, this differs per case. With more resources than regular debt collection agencies in Bulgaria, you can expect the following:
- Personal contact with your caseworker
- Personal contact with your Bulgarian debtor by phone and in writing
- Customised strategy according to your case
- Access to the largest national and international B2B debt collection databases
- Real knowledge of local business cultures and payment behaviours
- Knowledge of national and international judicial procedures
- Honest advice if legal action is necessary
If legal action is required, then we move to an hourly or fixed fee. We will only do so in consultation with you. You can view our fees here.
Debt collection laws in Bulgaria
Debt collection laws in Bulgaria may differ compared to the regulations in your country. Often following local procedures is much more effective and faster. With an international debt collection lawyer by your side, they can initiate the following procedures on your behalf:
Заповед за платежно производство: Order for payment proceedings
If your claim is undisputed (that is to say, there is no disagreement about the invoice), our lawyers can commence a “Заповед заизпълнение”. The order for payment proceedings is a relatively cost-effective and fast way to get your invoices paid. After the court has given its ruling, our lawyer will immediately use the necessary means to execute this judgment together with the bailiff. For example, by seizing the debtor’s bank account.
Изпълнително производство: Ordinary civil proceedings
If there is a dispute (your debtor disagrees with your invoice) then our lawyers will sue your debtor (“Искова молба”). Both parties will then have to present their case. A judge may decide immediately or will set a date for a court hearing. Depending on the details of your case, your lawyer will determine whether proceedings are appropriate.
International debt collection laws in Bulgaria
Regardless of where you and your debtor are located, our experts can help creditors with debt collection in Bulgaria. If you and your debtor are both nationals of any member state of the European Union, the European Small Claims and European Order for Payment procedures are two legal possibilities that we can initiate on your behalf. Specific conditions apply, which is why it is best to contact our lawyers.
Debt collection enforcement in Bulgaria
Once our lawyers have received a judgement against your Bulgarian debtor, the judgement will still have to be enforced. Under EU law, judgements obtained in an EU Member State are recognised in other EU countries as well. For the execution of a judgment from your country in Bulgaria, your court will issue a certificate. This is then sent to the bailiff in Bulgaria together with the judgment. The bailiff can then proceed to ensure that the debt collection judgement is enforced in Bulgaria.
The limitation period in Bulgaria
An outstanding invoice cannot be collected forever. Once an invoice becomes time-barred, you cannot recover the unpaid amount through court intervention. That’s why it is important to act on time. With different limitation periods across different countries. Our lawyers can tell you more.
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in Bulgaria?
- Highest collection rate throughout Bulgaria
- Extensive measures to recover your debt in the extrajudicial and judicial phase
- No Cure No Pay debt collection in Bulgaria
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
- 24/7 tracking of your case in our online portal
“Did you know that when litigating against foreign debtors, you should consider the competent court and applicable law?”
Start your debt collection in Bulgaria today
Start your debt collection case in Bulgaria today! While our international debt collection team gets started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.