Debt Collection in
- Effortlessly start your case within 2 minutes
- Polish-speaking debt collection specialists
- Assistance in the pre-legal phase with a wezwanie do zapłaty or Nakaz zapłaty and Postępowanie zwykłe in the judicial phase
- Debt collection in Warsaw, Krakow or Gdansk? 95% success rate throughout Poland
- No Cure No Pay debt collection
When dealing with debt collection in Poland, debtors are much more likely to pay when approached in their native language or if a local Polish lawyer is involved. That's why your debt collection in Poland is in perfect hands with Bierens. Not only do we have more resources than an average debt collection agency in Poland, but we go much further. With native Polish lawyers, we take on a customised approach and can also assist our clients with debt recovery using legal action.
While we take immediate action against your Polish debtor, you can also be reassured by our costs. We solve cases in the extrajudicial phase on a No Cure No Pay basis, creating a win-win scenario for you. With Bierens Debt Recovery Lawyers by your side, there will be no need to write off your Polish debt.
Debt collection in Poland: our formula that gets your Polish debtor to pay in 5 simple steps
- Step 1: Starting your debt collection in Poland can easily be done within two minutes. All you have to do is upload your claim here. You will have to enter your details, your debtor’s details and relevant information regarding your case against your Polish debtor. You can also upload all related documents.
- Step 2: Your Polish caseworker will then draft a wezwanie do zapłaty, which is the initial payment reminder. This demand letter will inform your Polish debtor of the outstanding amount and request them to pay. Moreover, it will be written in Polish and customised according to your case.
- Step 3: Your Polish caseworker will reach out to you. Together you can determine how you wish to have your debtor approached. You can also track the status of your case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 4: Should your Polish debtor fail to respond to our wezwania do zapłaty, then our efforts don’t just stop there. We will also send a przedsądowe wezwanie do zapłaty, or a final payment reminder, and we will also contact your Polish debtor by phone. Based on our experience, we know that your debtor is more likely to pay once one of our specialists have established contact. Often this puts the debtor off guard and allows us to clear any miscommunication.
- Step 5: With the help of our debt collection lawyers, we solve 95% of our cases in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. But if your debtor still thinks he can get away with your payment, then we have more strategies in store for your debt collection in Poland.
Native Polish-speaking lawyers: Meet our debt collection experts
Free advice from the best debt collection specialists
No Cure No Pay debt collection in Poland
With No Cure No Pay debt collection in Poland, you guarantee yourself the most cost-effective solution. This means that with Bierens, you receive the quality of a Polish debt collection lawyer at the cost of a regular debt collection agency in Poland. Moreover, if we collect the entire principal amount including interest and costs, then in most cases we recover our €165,- fee from your debtor.
If legal proceedings are necessary, then we agree on a fixed or hourly fee with you in advance. For a full overview, you can view our fees here.
Debt collection laws Poland
Litigating with a local Polish lawyer
When litigating in a Polish court, it’s extremely important that all documents are translated to Polish correctly. Moreover, courts in Poland often prefer to follow national procedures that are also much faster. Having a Polish lawyer by your side with knowledge of local laws and procedures can help you ensure a smooth litigation process for your debt collection in Poland.
Nakaz zapłaty: Order for payment
For undisputed claims, legal action can be taken by requesting an order for payment through the Polish court. The debtor will have fourteen days to respond by either making the payment or requesting an appeal. If your debtor decides to appeal, then ordinary proceedings are initiated. Due to its speed and simplicity, this procedure is often the most effective.
Postępowanie zwykłe: Ordinary civil proceedings
If you have a disputed case or if your debtor lodges an appeal, then the ordinary civil procedure can be initiated. In this case, you can request a writ of summons. You and your debtor will then present your case in court. Your case will have to be supported with evidence, after which the judge will make a ruling. In some cases, it is even possible that witnesses will have to provide supporting evidence. On average, the duration of civil proceedings in Poland may last between six to twelve months.
International debt collection laws in Poland
While our Polish lawyers can help you litigate in Polish courts with national procedures, there are also some international procedures they can initiate on your behalf. If you and your debtor are both members of the European Union, you could also consider the European Small Claims or the European Order for Payment. For more information on which procedure would work best for your case, contact our Polish specialists.
Limitation period in Poland
Unpaid invoices in Poland cannot be collected for an indefinite period of time. That is why payment claims have a limitation period of 3 years in Poland. Should the limitation period expire, then you will no longer be able to take legal action against your Polish debtor.
Different limitation periods also exist in different sectors. For instance, under transport law, payment claims have a limitation period of 1 year while contracts relating to sales or service contracts expire after 2 years.
Moreover, it is possible to extend the limitation period under Polish law if you receive an acknowledgement of the outstanding amount from the debtor, or if you initiate legal or mediation proceedings. If you would like to know more about what the limitation period means for your debt collection in Poland, feel free to contact us.
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in Poland?
- Polish-speaking debt collection lawyers
- Highest collection rate throughout Poland
- Extensive measures to recover your Polish debt extrajudicially and judicially
- No Win No Fee debt collection in Poland
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
“Did you know that in Poland, national debt collection procedures are preferred over international debt collection procedures? These are also much faster and effective.”
Start your debt collection in Poland today
Start your debt collection case in Poland today! While our Polish Desk get started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.