Debt Collection in
- Effortlessly start your case within 2 minutes
- Assistance in the pre-legal and judicial phases
- Specialists for small, medium, and large enterprises
- Debt collection in Prague, Ostrava or Brno? 95% success rate throughout the Czech Republic
- No Cure No Pay debt collection
When dealing with debt collection in the Czech Republic, you can count on Bierens to act swiftly and efficiently against your debtor. With more resources than a regular debt collection agency in the Czech Republic, our experts can help overcome the language, cultural and legal differences that arise when dealing with Czech debtors. Our specialists always start in the extrajudicial phase on a No Cure No Pay basis. Should legal action be necessary, then our debt collection lawyers can assist you in the judicial phase with for example, the Electronic Payment Order Procedure or Ordinary Civil Proceedings. For successful debt collection in the Czech Republic, find out what our experts can do for you and recover your debt.
Debt collection in the Czech Republic explained in 7 steps
- Step 1: You can easily upload your claim here. All you have to do is enter your details, your debtor’s details and information regarding your debt collection case in the Czech Republic.
- Step 2: Your caseworker will send your Czech debtor a demand letter. This will be written in Czech and customised according to your case.
- Step 3: We start our investigation by checking international credit reports and local databases. This way, we can understand why the invoice was not paid. This helps us define our strategy and solve your debt collection case in the Czech Republic more efficiently.
- Step 4: Your caseworker will reach out to you to discuss the approach you wish to have. We adjust our strategy accordingly and you can track the status of the case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 5: If your Czech debtor fails to respond to the demand letter, then our efforts do not stop there. We will contact your debtor by phone and in writing. By directly contacting your Czech debtor, we ensure to avoid any miscommunication.
- Step 6: In some cases, we can also have your debtor visited by debt collectors. With our contacts across the Czech Republic and private detectives, we can further investigate your debtor.
- Step 7: 95% of our cases are solved in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. With the expertise of our native in-house specialists and the various resources that we have in store for your Czech debtor, we can collect your claim. If your debtor refuses to pay or disputes the case, we can continue in the legal phase in consultation with you. Before doing so, we extensively discuss your options and costs.
International experts for debt collection in the Czech Republic
With a team of more than 115+ experts in international recovery, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know on debt recovery in the Czech Republic. With each specialising in different countries and industries, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know in both the extrajudicial and judicial phase. By overcoming the language, cultural and legal differences, our international debt collection specialist can have your unpaid debt recovered in no time. Find out more about our international team here.
Free advice from the best debt collection specialists
Debt collection costs: No Cure No Pay debt collection in the Czech Republic
When solving your debt collection in the Czech Republic, we aim to recover your debt without court intervention. We start on a No Cure No Pay basis, whereby we charge €165,- for administrative costs. We aim to collect the interest and costs from your debtor; however, this differs per case. With more resources than regular debt collection agencies in the Czech Republic, you can expect the following:
- Personal contact with your caseworker
- Personal contact with your Czech debtor by phone and in writing
- Customised strategy according to your case
- Access to the largest national and international B2B debt collection databases
- Real knowledge of local business cultures and payment behaviours
- Knowledge of national and international judicial procedures
- Honest advice if legal action is necessary
If legal action is required, then we move to an hourly or fixed fee. We will only do so in consultation with you. You can view our fees here.
Debt collection laws in the Czech Republic
Debt collection laws in the Czech Republic may differ compared to the regulations in your country. Often following local procedures is much more effective and faster. With a Czech lawyer by your side, they can initiate the following procedures on your behalf:
Electronic payment order procedure
You can use this procedure if your claim is undisputed and less than CZK 1,000,000 (€38,462). The electronic procedure is a relatively fast procedure, whereby the court issues an electronic payment order within 30 days. The debtor then has 15 days to pay the debt or lodge an appeal. If the debtor does not appeal, the order becomes enforceable immediately. If the debtor appeals, regular civil proceedings must be started to resolve the case.
Ordinary civil proceedings
If your claim is disputed or if the amount of the debt is more than CZK 1,000,000 (€38,462), then ordinary civil proceedings can be initiated. With sufficient evidence available, an official court order can be obtained. If the debtor raises a defense, then additional documents may be requested. In some cases, it can take years for the court to reach a verdict.
International debt collection laws in the Czech Republic
Regardless of where you and your debtor are located, our experts can help creditors with debt collection in the Czech Republic. If you and your debtor are both nationals of any member state of the European Union, the European Small Claims and European Order for Payment procedures are two legal possibilities that we can initiate on your behalf. Specific conditions apply, which is why it is best to contact our lawyers.
Debt collection enforcement in the Czech Republic
Once our lawyers have received a judgement against your Czech debtor, the judgement will still have to be enforced. Under EU law, judgements obtained in an EU Member State are recognized in other EU countries as well. For the execution of a judgment from your country in the Czech Republic, your court will issue a certificate. This is then sent to the bailiff in the Czech Republic together with the judgment. The bailiff can then proceed to ensure that the debt collection judgement is enforced in the Czech Republic.
Limitation period in the Czech Republic
An outstanding invoice cannot be collected forever. Once an invoice becomes time-barred, you cannot recover the unpaid amount through court intervention. That’s why it is important to know that payment claims in the Czech Republic have a limitation period of 3 years. This commences as soon as the claim is due and payable.
If you want to interrupt the limitation period, then sending a payment reminder to your Czech debtor alone will not be enough. When dealing with debt collection in the Czech Republic, the limitation period can be interrupted with an official acknowledgement of the outstanding amount by the debtor or by initiating legal proceedings against your debtor.
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in the Czech Republic?
- Highest collection rate throughout the Czech Republic
- Extensive measures to recover your debt in the extrajudicial and judicial phase
- No Cure No Pay debt collection in the Czech Republic
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
- 24/7 tracking of your case in our online portal
“Did you know that when litigating against foreign debtors, you should consider the competent court and applicable law?”
Start your debt collection in the Czech Republic today
Start your debt collection case in the Czech Republic today! While our international debt collection team gets started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.
Find out how we have helped others with international debt collection
From simple debt collection cases to complex legal matters, from small businesses to multinationals across different industries, our specialists have assisted over 24.000 companies worldwide, including the Czech Republic. Find out how our international specialists and lawyers have helped other companies in similar situations and find the solution for debt collection in the Czech Republic.