Debt Collection in
- Effortlessly start your case within 2 minutes
- Romanian-speaking debt collection lawyers
- Assistance in the pre-legal phase or Procedura privind cereri cu valoare redusă or Procedura somaţiei de platā in the judicial phase
- Debt collection in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara? 95% success rate throughout Romania
- No Cure No Pay debt collection
When dealing with debt collection in Romania, you can count on Bierens to act swiftly and efficiently against your debtor. With more resources than a regular debt collection agency in Romania, our experts can help overcome the language, cultural and legal differences that arise when dealing with Romanian debtors. Our specialists always start in the extrajudicial phase on a No Cure No Pay basis. Should legal action be necessary, then our debt collection lawyers can assist you in the judicial phase when applying for the Procedura Procedura somaţiei de platā or Ordinary civil proceedings against your Romanian debtor. For successful debt collection in Romania, find out what our experts can do for you and recover your debt.
Recover your unpaid invoices in Romania in 7 simple steps
- Step 1: You can easily start your debt collection in Romania within 2 minutes. You will be requested to enter your details, your debtor’s details and information regarding your debt collection in Romania. You can do so here.
- Step 2: Your caseworker will send your Romanian debtor a demand letter. This will be written in Romanian and customised according to your case.
- Step 3: We start our investigation by checking international credit reports and local databases. This way we can understand why the invoice was not paid. This helps us to define our strategy to solve your debt collection case in Romania more efficiently.
- Step 4: Your caseworker will reach out to you to discuss the approach you wish to have. We adjust our strategy accordingly and you can track the status of the case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 5: If your Romanian debtor fails to respond to the demand letter, then our efforts do not stop there. We will contact your debtor by phone and in writing. By directly contacting your Romanian debtor, we ensure to avoid any miscommunication.
- Step 6: In some cases, we can also have your debtor visited by debt collectors. With our contacts across Romania and private detectives, we can further investigate your debtor.
- Step 7: 95% of our cases are solved in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. With the expertise of our native in-house specialists and the various resources that we have in store for your Romanian debtor, we can collect your claim. If your debtor refuses to pay or disputes the case, we can continue in the legal phase in consultation with you. Before doing so, we extensively discuss your options and possible costs.
Romanian lawyer for your debt collection: meet your experts
With our native in-house specialists, we overcome language and cultural barriers. Our Romanian specialists contact your debtor in their native language and are familiar with Romanian business practices. This way, your debtor is more inclined to pay and is fully aware of the consequence of non-payment.
Free case evaluation by the best debt collection specialists
Debt collection costs: No Cure No Pay debt collection in Romania
When solving your debt collection in Romania, we aim to recover your debt without court intervention. We start on a No Cure No Pay basis, whereby we charge €165,- for administrative costs. We aim to collect the interest and costs from your debtor; however, this differs per case. With more resources than regular debt collection agencies in Romania, you can expect the following:
- Personal contact with your caseworker
- Personal contact with your Romanian debtor by phone and in writing
- Customised strategy according to your case
- Access to the largest national and international B2B debt collection databases
- Real knowledge of local business cultures and payment behaviours
- Knowledge of national and international judicial procedures
- Honest advice if legal action is necessary
If legal action is required, then we move to an hourly or fixed fee. We will only do so in consultation with you. You can view our fees here.
Debt collection laws in Romania
Debt collection laws in Romania may differ compared to the regulations in your country. Often following local procedures is much more effective and faster. With a Romanian lawyer by your side, they can initiate the following procedures on your behalf:
Procedura privind cereri cu valoare redusă: Small claims procedure in Romania
For claims with a principal amount of up to 10,000 Romanian RON, approximately €2.200, the Procedura privind cereri cu valoare redusă can be initiated. This is a small claims procedure, whereby a form including all details relevant to the claim is submitted to the court. Subsequently, the Romanian debtor receives a form of opposing evidence or arguments can be provided. On average, it can take the court 90 days to make a verdict. In addition to the written documentation, the court can also request other forms of evidence, such as calling witnesses or external experts.
Procedura somaţiei de platā: Payment order procedure
The Procedura somaţiei de platā is the most effective method in Romanian courts. With this payment order procedure, a court’s verdict can be obtained and enforced within three months. Although this is not always guaranteed, it is referenced under Romanian law. For this procedure, there are no restrictions regarding the amount of the principal sum. However, it only applies to monetary claims that result from written agreements.
Ordinary civil proceedings
If no written agreements have been made, then neither the small claims or payment order procedure can be initiated. In that case, ordinary civil proceedings must be followed, which can be more lengthy and costly. For more information, our Romanian lawyer can tell you more.
International debt collection in Romania
While our lawyers specialise in the debt collection laws applicable in Romania, there are other European and international debt collection procedures that we can initiate on your behalf. If you and your debtor are both nationals of any member state of the European Union, the European Small Claims and European Order of Payment are two legal possibilities that we can initiate on your behalf.
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in Romania?
- Highest collection rate throughout Romania
- Extensive measures to recover your debt in the extrajudicial and judicial phase
- No Cure No Pay debt collection in Romania
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
- 24/7 tracking of your case in our online portal
“Did you know that when litigating against foreign debtors, you should consider the competent court and applicable law?”
Debt collection enforcement in Romania
Once our lawyers have received a judgement against your Romanian debtor, the judgement will still have to be enforced. Under EU law, judgements obtained in an EU Member State are recognized in other EU countries as well. For the execution of a judgment from your country in Romania, your court will issue a certificate. This is then sent to the bailiff in Romania together with the judgment. The bailiff can then proceed to ensure that the debt collection judgement is enforced in Romania.
Freezing your debtor's assets
If you have an outstanding claim, you can apply request to have your debtor’s assets frozen. Freezable assets include both movable and immovable property in Romania, as well as receivables and securities. This can only be done if legal proceedings to obtain an enforceable title have already been initiated.
Limitation period for debt collection in Romania
An outstanding invoice cannot be collected forever. Once an invoice becomes time-barred, you cannot recover the unpaid amount through court intervention. That’s why it is important to know that payment claims in Romania have a limitation period of 3 years. This commences as soon as the claim us due and payable.
While a limitation period of 3 year applies to payment claims, claims under transport law have a limitation period of 1 year. Moreover, if you wish to interrupt the limitation period, this can be done with an official acknowledgment of the outstanding debt, an official declaration that the debtor is in default, or by initiating legal proceedings.
Start your debt collection in Romania today
Start your debt collection case in Romania today! While our Romanian Desk gets started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.