Debt Collection in
- Effortlessly start your case within 2 minutes
- Dutch-speaking debt collection lawyers
- Assistance in the pre-legal phase with an aanmaningsbrief or Faillissementsaanvraag, Bodemprocedure and more in the judicial phase
- Debt collection in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or the Hague? 95% success rate throughout the Netherlands
- No Cure No Pay debt collection
Although Dutch customers are one of the better payers in Europe, debt collection in the Netherlands still frequently occurs. With effective measures to collect your unpaid invoices in the Netherlands, our debt collection specialists and lawyers can explain everything you need to know for successful debt recovery in the Netherlands. For example, the bankruptcy petition is one of the most common procedures in the Netherlands, one that is also very easy to initiate when dealing with debt collection in the Netherlands. If your Dutch debtor has left you with an unpaid invoice, then don’t delay your case further and take action today. With Europe’s leading debt collection agency and law firm by your side, we can solve your debt collection in the Netherlands.
Recover your unpaid invoices in the Netherlands in 7 simple steps
- Step 1: Within two minutes you can make a start on your debt collection in the Netherlands. All you have to do is enter your details, your debtor’s details and relevant information regarding your case. You can do so here.
- Step 2: Our debt collection specialist will then conduct a thorough investigation by using local databases. With the help of registers, our specialist can assess the credit rating of your debtor. In doing so, we can make a calculated decision on the next steps that need to be taken.
- Step 3: Your Dutch caseworker will then draft an aanmaningsbrief, which is a demand letter. This demand letter will inform your Dutch debtor of the outstanding amount and request them to pay. Moreover, it will be written in Dutch and customised according to your case.
- Step 4: Your Dutch caseworker will reach out to you. Together you can determine how you wish to have your debtor approached. You can also track the status of your case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 5: Should your Dutch debtor fail to respond to our aanmaningsbrief, then our efforts don’t just stop there. We will also contact your debtor by phone. Based on our experience, we know that your debtor is more likely to pay. Often this puts the debtor off guard, and we clear any miscommunication.
- Step 6: We can also pay your Dutch debtor a visit. With our contracts and private detectives across the Netherlands, we can further investigate your debtor.
- Step 7: With the help of our debt collection lawyers, we can solve 95% of the cases we solve in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. But if your debtor still thinks he can get away with your payment, then we have more strategies in store for your Dutch debtor.
Dutch speaking lawyers: meet your trusted experts
Founded in Veghel, the Netherlands, Bierens Debt Recovery lawyers is the household name for debt collection in the Netherlands. Established in 1952, Bierens has over 70 years’ worth of B2B debt recovery knowledge and experience in the Netherlands. With our headquarters in Veghel and international team in Amsterdam, we can help you with debt collection across the Netherlands.
Moreover, with a team of over 115+ experts, there is always an experienced lawyer who knows the ins and out of debt collection within different industries. By combining the knowledge and experience of our native Dutch lawyers and our international team, we are able to overcome any language and cultural barriers for cross-border debt collection cases. With their hands-on legal experience, they can tell you everything you need to know on legal procedures for your debt collection in the Netherlands.
Free advice from the best debt collection specialists
No Win No Fee debt collection agency in the Netherlands
Did you know that with Bierens by your side, you receive the quality of a debt collection lawyer for the price of a debt collection agency in the Netherlands? With more resources than regular debt collection agencies in the Netherlands, we can solve your debt collection in the Netherlands on a No Win No Fee basis. The best part is, if we manage to collect the entire principal including interest and costs, then you do not have to pay an additional fee. You will not lose out on your payment as you keep the principal amount, while we keep the interest and costs. You can view a complete overview of our fees here.
Bailiff in the Netherlands
As a debt collection law firm, we have more legal possibilities than a bailiff or debt collection agency in the Netherlands. In order to have your debt collection judgement enforced, you will need a court order, which can only be obtained through a lawyer for high-value claims. Our Dutch lawyers will then instruct a bailiff. A bailiff in the Netherland is the only one who is authorised to enforce a judgement. This can include the seizure of your debtor’s income, wages, salaries or bank accounts and the foreclosure of movable and immovable properties. Under Dutch law, a bailiff in the Netherlands must be sworn in. While regular debt collection agencies in the Netherlands can only request the payment, they cannot enforce payment or initiate legal proceedings for high-value cases.
Dutch debt collection laws
Invoices in the Netherlands by default have a payment term of 30 days. If your Dutch debtor fails to pay in the amicable phase once the claim is due and payable, then we can proceed with taking legal action in consultation with you. Often, debt collection proceedings waste no time in recovering your unpaid invoices in the Netherlands. Our lawyers can explain more on Dutch debt collection laws.
Bankruptcy petition in the Netherlands
The bankruptcy petition is one of the most effective means of debt collection in the Netherlands. The aim is not to have your debtor declared bankrupt, but to pressurise your debtor to pay. Because the stakes are much higher for debtors, they would want to avoid having been declared bankrupt at all costs. This means that Dutch debtors are more likely to pay their creditors with this debt collection measure.
Civil proceedings in the Netherlands often apply to heavily disputed cases. When initiating civil proceedings against your Dutch debtor, your debtor will be requested to present themselves in court. Both parties will have to defend their point of view with sound evidence. In most cases, the judge will encourage both parties to reach a settlement. Otherwise, a lengthy procedure awaits both parties. An average civil procedure may take between six to twelve months, while complicated procedures may even last up to two years. After that, an appeal can be lodged, which can again extend the case.
If you have a relatively simple claim, or if the duration of the proceedings on the merits would have irreversible consequences, then with the summary proceedings a verdict can be announced within a limited amount of time. It is a much faster alternative, whereby the claim is submitted to the courts. However, for monetary claims, these proceedings are only applicable for simple and lightly disputed claims.
Seizure of assets
If a Dutch client does not pay, our lawyers can have your debtor’s assets seized after acquiring an attachment order from the court. Your debtor will no longer be able to spend their funds in the run-up to a procedure and will be pressurised to pay the outstanding amount. A precautionary seizure can apply to monetary claims against the debtor's assets such as the bank accounts and moveable and immovable property. For more information and how to have your debtor's assets seized, contact our Dutch specialists.
International debt collection laws in the Netherlands
Besides having the knowledge and experience of Dutch debt collection laws, our lawyers can also apply to international debt collection procedures on your behalf. If you and your debtor are both members of the EU, then our lawyers can also initiate the following procedures:
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in the Netherlands?
- Specialists in national and international debt collection since 1952
- Highest collection rate throughout the Netherlands
- Extensive measures to recover your Dutch debt extrajudicially and judicially
- No Win No Fee debt collection
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
“Did you know that the Dutch bankruptcy petition is one of the most cost-effective debt collection measures in the Netherlands?”
Start your debt collection in the Netherlands today
Start your debt collection case in the Netherlands today! While our Dutch Desk get started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.
Find out how we have helped others with debt collection in the Netherlands
From simple debt collection cases to complex legal matters, from small businesses to multinationals across different industries, our specialists have assisted over 24.000 companies worldwide, including the Netherlands. Find out how our Dutch specialists and lawyers have helped other companies in a similar situation and find the solution for debt collection in the Netherlands.