Debt Collection in
- Effortlessly start your case within 2 minutes
- Assistance in the pre-legal phase or Diatagi Plimoris, Agogi and Asfalistika Metra in the judicial phase
- Specialists for small, medium, and large enterprises
- Debt collection in Athens, Thessaloniki or Patras? 95% success rate throughout Greece
- No Cure No Pay debt collection
When dealing with debt collection in Greece, you can count on Bierens to act swiftly and efficiently against your debtor. With more resources than a regular debt collection agency in Greece, our experts can help overcome the language, cultural and legal differences that arise when dealing with Greek debtors. Our specialists always start in the extrajudicial phase on a No Cure No Pay basis. Should legal action be necessary, then our debt collection lawyers can assist you in the judicial phase with for example the Diatagi Plimoris, Agogi or Asfalistika Metra. For successful debt collection in Greece, find out what our experts can do for you and recover your debt.
Debt collection in Greece explained in 7 steps
- Step 1: You can easily upload your claim here. All you have to do is enter your details, your debtor’s details and information regarding your debt collection case in Greece.
- Step 2: Your caseworker will send your Greek debtor a demand letter. This will be written in Greek and customised according to your case.
- Step 3: We start our investigation by checking international credit reports and local databases. This way we can understand why the invoice was not paid. This helps us to define our strategy to solve your debt collection case in Greece more efficiently.
- Step 4: Your caseworker will reach out to you to discuss the approach you wish to have. We adjust our strategy accordingly and you can track the status of the case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 5: If your Greek debtor fails to respond to the demand letter, then our efforts do not stop there. We will contact your debtor by phone and in writing. By directly contacting your Greek debtor, we ensure to avoid any miscommunication.
- Step 6: In some cases, we can also have your debtor visited by debt collectors. With our contacts across Greece and private detectives, we can further investigate your debtor.
- Step 7: 95% of our cases are solved in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. With the expertise of our native in-house specialists and the various resources that we have in store for your Greek debtor, we can collect your claim. If your debtor refuses to pay or disputes the case, we can continue in the legal phase in consultation with you. Before doing so, we extensively discuss your options and possible costs.
International experts for debt collection in Greece
With a team of more than 115+ experts in international recovery, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know on debt recovery in Greece. With each specialising in different countries and industries, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know in both the extrajudicial and judicial phases. By overcoming the language, cultural and legal differences, our international debt collection specialist can have your unpaid debt recovered in no time. Find out more about our international team here.
Free advice from the best debt collection specialists
Debt collection costs: No Cure No Pay debt collection in Greece
When solving your debt collection in Greece, we aim to recover your debt without court intervention. We start on a No Cure No Pay basis, whereby we charge €165,- for administrative costs. We aim to collect the interest and costs from your debtor; however, this differs per case. With more resources than regular debt collection agencies in Greece, you can expect the following:
- Personal contact with your caseworker
- Personal contact with your Greek debtor by phone and in writing
- Customised strategy according to your case
- Access to the largest national and international B2B debt collection databases
- Real knowledge of local business cultures and payment behaviours
- Knowledge of national and international judicial procedures
- Honest advice if legal action is necessary
If legal action is required, then we move to an hourly or fixed fee. We will only do so in consultation with you. You can view our fees here.
Debt collection laws in Greece
Debt collection laws in Greece may differ compared to the regulations in your country. Often following local procedures is much more effective and faster. With a Greek lawyer by your side, they can initiate the following procedures on your behalf:
Diatagi Plimoris: National order for payment procedure
For undisputed cases, the Diatagi Pliromis, also known as the national order for payment procedure, can be initiated. With this procedure, an enforceable title can be obtained quickly and efficiently. After the judge has reached a verdict, a Greek lawyer can immediately deploy the necessary resources to carry out the judgement.
Agogi: Ordinary civil proceedings
In the case of a disputed claim, if for example the debtor claims to have sound reason not to pay, then the Greek lawyer can request the Agogi, which are civil court proceedings. Both parties will have to defend their case in court and submit all the necessary documents to substantiate their claim.
Asfalistika Metra: Provisional legal measures
In more urgent cases, an application can be submitted for the application of the Asfalistika Metra, which allow for provisional legal measures. A hearing takes place before provisional measures are granted. These can include a precautionary seizure, after which ordinary legal proceedings will be initiated. By filing a petition for provisional measures, the court can also grant the Prosorini Diatagi. This is a preliminary injunction that holds until a definite verdict has been reached.
International debt collection laws in Greece
Regardless of where you and your debtor are located, our experts can help creditors with debt collection in Greece. If you and your debtor are both nationals of any member state of the European Union, the European Small Claims and European Order for Payment procedures are two legal possibilities that we can initiate on your behalf. Specific conditions apply, which is why it is best to contact our lawyers.
Debt collection enforcement in Greece
Once our lawyers have received a judgement against your Greek debtor, the judgement will still have to be enforced. Under EU law, judgements obtained in an EU Member State are recognized in other EU countries as well. For the execution of a judgment from your country in Greece, your court will issue a certificate. This is then sent to the bailiff in Greece together with the judgment. The bailiff can then proceed to ensure that the debt collection judgement is enforced in Greece.
Limitation period in Greece
An outstanding invoice cannot be collected forever. Once an invoice becomes time-barred, you cannot recover the unpaid amount through court intervention. That’s why it is important to know that payment claims in Greece have a limitation period of 5 years. This commences as soon as the claim is due and payable.
If you want to interrupt the limitation period, then sending a payment reminder to your Greek debtor alone will not be enough. When dealing with debt collection in Greece, the limitation period can only be interrupted by initiating legal proceedings or if the Greek debtor confirms there is an outstanding debt to pay in writing. The debtor will have to sign an official acknowledgement which can be a payment arrangement or contract drafted following mediation procedures or negotiations between the lawyer representing you in court and the debtor’s lawyer.
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in Greece
- Highest collection rate throughout Greece
- Extensive measures to recover your debt in the extrajudicial and judicial phase
- No Cure No Pay debt collection in Greece
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
- 24/7 tracking of your case in our online portal
“Did you know that when litigating against foreign debtors, you should consider the competent court and applicable law?”
Start your debt collection in Greece today
Start your debt collection case in Greece today! While our international debt collection team gets started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.
Find out how we have helped others with international debt collection
From simple debt collection cases to complex legal matters, from small businesses to multinationals across different industries, our specialists have assisted over 24.000 companies worldwide, including Greece. Find out how our international specialists and lawyers have helped other companies in similar situations and find the solution for debt collection in Greece.