Debt Collection in
- Effortlessly start your case within 2 minutes
- German-speaking debt collection lawyers
- Assistance in the pre-legal phase with a Mahnschreiben or Mahnverfahren and Klageverfahren in the judicial phase
- Debt collection in Berlin, Hamburg or Munich? 95% success rate throughout Germany
- No Cure No Pay Fee debt collection
Did you know that debt recovery in Germany can be in favour of debtors rather than creditors? Having a local lawyer who knows all the ins and out of German debt collection procedures and laws can help you recover the payment you are entitled to. With native German-speaking specialists, our lawyers can solve your debt collection cases in Germany on a No Cure No Pay basis. For complex legal cases, our lawyers can also tell you everything about relevant German debt collection laws and strategies such as the Mahnverfahren or Klageverfahren. With our German Desk by your side, we won’t let your debtor get away with non-payment and solve your debt collection in Germany as swiftly and efficiently as possible. Why wait around? Get started and upload your claim today.
Recover your unpaid invoices in Germany in 7 simple steps
- Step 1: You can easily upload your claim here. All you have to do is enter your details, your debtor’s details and information regarding your unpaid invoice in Germany.
- Step 2: Your German caseworker will send a Mahnschreiben, the first demand letter. This will be written in German and customised according to your case.
- Step 3: We start our investigation by checking international credit reports and local databases such as the Bundesrepublik Deutschland Finanzagentur GmbH. This way we can understand why the invoice was not paid. This helps us to define our strategy too.
- Step 4: Your German caseworker will reach out to you. Whether you prefer a harsh or soft approach, we adjust our strategy accordingly. Moreover, you can track the status of your case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 5: If your German debtor fails to respond to the Mahnschreiben, then we are just about to get started. Our efforts do not just stop there. We will contact your debtor by phone and e-mail. We speak to your debtor, which puts them off their guard and avoids any miscommunication.
- Step 6: We can also pay your German debtor a visit. With our contacts across Germany and private detectives, we can further investigate your debtor.
- Step 7: 95% of our cases are solved in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. With the expertise of our native in-house specialists and the various resources that we have in store for your German debtor, we can collect your claim. If your debtor refuses to pay or disputes the case, we can continue in the legal phase in consultation with you. Before doing so, we extensively discuss your options and possible costs.
German-speaking lawyers: Meet our debt collection experts
With our native in-house specialists, we can overcome any language or cultural barriers. Our German specialists contact your debtor in their native language and are familiar with the German business culture. Based on our experience, we’ve seen that this works. Because we adapt our strategy by sending letters drafted in German and customising according to your case, your debtor is more inclined to pay. Your debtor is made aware of all the consequences of non-payment and knows we mean business.
Free advice from the best debt collection specialists
No Win No Fee Debt collection agency in Germany
With No Win No Fee debt collection, you are in a much stronger position than when hiring a regular debt collection agency in Germany. A regular debt collection agency in Germany cannot do anything you can do yourself. With Bierens, you are charged the costs of a regular debt collection agency in Germany for the quality of a debt collection lawyer.
If legal proceedings are necessary, then we agree on a fixed or hourly fee with you in advance. For a full overview, you can view our fees here.
German debt collection laws
If your debtor refuses to pay in the extrajudicial phase, then we can go to court in consultation with you. We always consider the strategy that will guarantee you the maximum chances of success. For example, if your company is established abroad and you have a German debtor, then our German lawyer will work with you to contact your debtor. At the same time, our German lawyer will work closely with a lawyer from your country to determine the best strategy for your legal proceedings. With different laws, regulations, limitation periods in Germany, our lawyers can help initiate the following procedures:
The Mahnverfahren is an accelerated procedure for undisputed claims. It’s known for its speed, simplicity, and low cost. Within a relatively short period of time, you can obtain an enforcement order (Vollstreckungsbescheid), which orders the debtor to pay both your claim and the costs of the proceedings. Your debtor only has a few weeks to lodge an appeal. If that does not happen, then the order for payment becomes legally binding and we continue to enforce the verdict.
For disputed cases, we advise starting with an ordinary civil procedure known as the Klageverfahren. Both parties must substantiate their statement with supporting documents. After one or more court hearings, the court will make a judgment.
Vollstreckbare Ausfertigung: debt collection enforcement in Germany
Once a verdict has been announced against your German debtor, you and your debtor will receive an official document from the court. This document will be labelled with the text Vollstreckbare Ausfertigung, which translates to an enforceable document.
Limitation period in Germany
Business claims in Germany are often subjected to a period of 3 years. The limitation period in Germany commences at the end of the year the claim arises, which may differ than the laws posed in your country.
International debt collection laws
If you and your debtor are both members of the EU, then our lawyers can also initiate the following international debt collection procedures on your behalf:
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in Germany?
- German-speaking debt collection lawyers
- Highest collection rate throughout Germany
- Extensive measures to recover your German debt extrajudicially and judicially
- No Win No Fee debt collection
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
“Did you know that in Germany it is the court who appoints the bailiff? In order to enforce a judgement, an official court order is required.”
Start your debt collection in Germany today
Start your debt collection case in Germany today! While our German Desk get started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.