Debt Collection in
- Effortlessly start your case within 2 minutes
- Assistance in the pre-legal and judicial debt collection phases
- Specialists for small, medium, and large enterprises
- Debt collection in Budapest, Debrecen or Szeged? 95% success rate throughout Hungary
- No Win No Fee debt collection
When dealing with debt collection in Hungary, you can count on Bierens to act swiftly and efficiently against your debtor. With more resources than a regular debt collection agency in Hungary, our experts can help overcome the language, cultural and legal differences that arise when dealing with Hungarian debtors. Our specialists always start in the extrajudicial phase on a No Cure No Pay basis. Should legal action be necessary, then our debt collection lawyers can assist you in the judicial phase, with for example the Fizetési Meghagyásos Eljárás (FMH) or Ordinary Civil Proceedings. For successful debt collection in Hungary, find out what our experts can do for you and recover your debt.
Debt collection in Hungary explained in 7 steps
- Step 1: You can easily upload your claim here. All you have to do is enter your details, your debtor’s details and information regarding your debt collection case in Hungary.
- Step 2: Your caseworker will send your Hungarian debtor a felszólító levelet, which is a demand letter. This will be written in Hungarian and customised according to your case.
- Step 3: We start our investigation by checking international credit reports and local databases such as e- cegjegyzek.hu and ceginfo.hu. This way we can understand why the invoice was not paid. This helps us to define our strategy to solve your debt collection case in Hungary more efficiently.
- Step 4: Your caseworker will reach out to you to discuss the approach you wish to have. We adjust our strategy accordingly and you can track the status of the case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 5: If your Hungarian debtor fails to respond to the demand letter, then our efforts do not stop there. We will contact your debtor by phone and in writing. By directly contacting your Hungarian debtor, we ensure to avoid any miscommunication.
- Step 6: In some cases, we can also have your debtor visited by debt collectors. With our contacts across Hungary and private detectives, we can further investigate your debtor.
- Step 7: 95% of our cases are solved in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. With the expertise of our native in-house specialists and the various resources that we have in store for your Hungarian debtor, we can collect your claim. If your debtor refuses to pay or disputes the case, we can continue in the legal phase in consultation with you. Before doing so, we extensively discuss your options and costs.
International experts for debt collection in Hungary
With a team of more than 115+ experts in international recovery, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know about debt recovery in Hungary. With each specialising in different countries and industries, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know in both the extrajudicial and judicial phases. By overcoming the language, cultural and legal differences, our international debt collection specialist can have your unpaid debt recovered in no time. Find out more about our international team here.
Free case evaluation by the best debt collection specialists
Debt collection costs: No Cure No Pay debt collection in Hungary
When solving your debt collection in Hungary, we aim to recover your debt without court intervention. We start on a No Cure No Pay basis, whereby we charge €165,- for administrative costs. We aim to collect the interest and costs from your debtor; however, this differs per case. With more resources than regular debt collection agencies in Hungary you can expect the following:
- Personal contact with your caseworker
- Personal contact with your Hungarian debtor by phone and in writing
- Customised strategy according to your case
- Access to the largest national and international B2B debt collection databases
- Real knowledge of local business cultures and payment behaviours
- Knowledge of national and international judicial procedures
- Honest advice if legal action is necessary
If legal action is required, then we move to an hourly or fixed fee. We will only do so in consultation with you. You can view our fees here.
Debt collection laws in Hungary
Debt collection laws in Hungary may differ compared to the regulations in your country. Often following local procedures is much more effective and faster. That’s why having a Hungarian lawyer by your side can initiate the following procedures on your behalf.
Fizetési meghagyásos eljárás (FMH): Order for payment procedure (FMH)
The order for payment procedure is an accelerated procedure for undisputed claims. It is known for its speed, simplicity, and low cost, which allows a creditor to obtain an enforceable title whereby the debtor is ordered to pay the claim as well as the collection costs. The debtor is given limited time to appeal. If this does not happen, then the judgement is immediately enforceable. In Hungary, order for payments are issued by notaries, who have jurisdiction throughout the country.
Polgári peres eljárás: Ordinary civil proceedings
In the event of a disputed case, when your Hungarian debtor disagrees with your claims, then ordinary civil proceedings can be initiated against your debtor. Both parties will have to present their case in court. The judge will decide if another hearing is necessary or not.
Debt collection enforcement in Hungary
In Hungary, enforcement proceedings consist of two stages, which include the enforcement order and the enforcement. It is important to note that enforcement documents must always be accompanied by a translation into Hungarian.
First stage: enforcement order
Once a request has been made for enforcement, the court will issue an enforceable document. The request will have to be made through a notary.
Second stage: enforcement
The court will issue an official order for the enforcement, which will be sent to the Hungarian bailiff. The bailiff can then arrange for the enforcement of the debt recovery in Hungary. The bailiff is appointed by the court, who can proceed with freezing the debtor's bank account and assets. If the debtor is insolvent, the court may initiate winding-up proceedings. In such cases, the court will appoint a liquidator, who will call on other creditors to submit their outstanding claims to the liquidator within 40 days of the publication of the order.
Limitation period in Hungary
An outstanding invoice cannot be collected forever. Once an invoice becomes time-barred, you cannot recover the unpaid amount through court intervention. That’s why it is important to know that payment claims in Hungary have a limitation period of 5 years, which commences as soon as the debt is due and payable. There are possibilities to interrupt the limitation period. To find out more contact our lawyers.
International debt collection laws in Hungary
Regardless of where you and your debtor are located, our experts can help creditors with debt collection in Hungary. If you and your debtor are both nationals of any member state of the European Union, the European Small Claims and European Order for Payment procedures are two legal possibilities that we can initiate on your behalf. Specific conditions apply, which is why it is best to contact our lawyers.
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in Hungary?
- Highest collection rate throughout Hungary
- Extensive measures to recover your debt in the extrajudicial and judicial phase
- No Cure No Pay debt collection in Hungary
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
- 24/7 tracking of your case in our online portal
“Did you know that when litigating against foreign debtors, you should consider the competent court and applicable law?”
Start your debt collection in Hungary today
Start your debt collection case in Hungary today! While our international debt collection team gets started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.