Debt Collection in
- Effortlessly start your case within 2 minutes
- Specialists for small, medium, and large enterprises
- Assistance in the pre-legal and judicial phases
- Debt collection in Dublin, Belfast or Cork? 95% success rate throughout Ireland
- No Win No Fee debt collection
When dealing with debt collection in Ireland, you can count on Bierens to act swiftly and efficiently against your debtor. With more resources than a regular debt collection agency in Ireland, our experts can help overcome the language, cultural and legal differences that arise when dealing with Irish debtors. Our specialists always start in the extrajudicial phase on a No Cure No Pay basis. Should legal action be necessary, we can help litigate in either the District, Circuit or Hight Court, or assist you with a Statement of Claim. For successful debt collection in Ireland, find out what our experts can do for you and recover your debt.
Debt collection in Ireland explained in 8 steps without court intervention
- Step 1: You can easily upload your claim here. All you have to do is enter your details, your debtor’s details and information regarding your debt collection case in Ireland.
- Step 2: Your caseworker will send your Irish debtor a demand letter. This will be customised according to your case.
- Step 3: We start our investigation by checking international credit reports and local databases. This includes data from the Register of Companies by the Companies Registration Office and the e-Justice portal for companies based in Europe. While it helps us to understand why the invoice was not paid, it also helps us define our strategy to solve your debt collection case in Ireland more efficiently. If you wish to proceed with a prejudgment seizure at a later stage, then solvency research must be conducted.
- Step 4: Your caseworker will reach out to you to discuss the approach you wish to have. We adjust our strategy accordingly and you can track the status of the case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 5: If your Irish debtor fails to respond to the demand letter, then our efforts do not stop there. We will contact your debtor by phone and in writing. By directly contacting your Irish debtor, we ensure to avoid any miscommunication.
- Step 6: In some cases, we can also have your debtor visited by debt collectors. The bailiff will visit your Irish debtor to assess the situation and inventory, but also deliver the payment reminder. This provides us with up-to-date information on your Irish debtor. Based on this investigation, we can provide specific advice regarding any further action that must be taken.
- Step 7: In certain cases, it may be possible to freeze your debtor’s assets with a freezing order. Certain conditions must be met. For instance, if your debtor is not notified of this seizure in advance, they can appeal. You must also be able to prove that you have a good arguable cause.
- Step 8: 95% of our cases are solved in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. With the expertise of our native in-house specialists and the various resources that we have in store for your Irish debtor, we can collect your claim. If your debtor refuses to pay or disputes the case, we can continue in the legal phase in consultation with you. Before doing so, we extensively discuss your options and costs.
International experts for debt collection in Ireland
With a team of more than 115+ experts in international recovery, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know on debt recovery in Ireland. With each specialising in different countries and industries, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know in both the extrajudicial and judicial phases. By overcoming the cultural and legal differences, our international debt collection specialist can have your unpaid debt recovered in no time. Find out more about our international team here.
Free case evaluation by the best debt collection specialists
Debt collection costs: No Cure No Pay debt collection in Ireland
When solving your debt collection in Ireland, we aim to recover your debt without court intervention. We start on a No Cure No Pay basis, whereby we charge €165,- for administrative costs. We aim to collect the interest and costs from your debtor; however, this differs per case. With more resources than regular debt collection agencies in Ireland, you can expect the following:
- Personal contact with your caseworker
- Personal contact with your Irish debtor by phone and in writing
- Customised strategy according to your case
- Access to the largest national and international B2B debt collection databases
- Real knowledge of local business cultures and payment behaviours
- Knowledge of national and international judicial procedures
- Honest advice if legal action is necessary
If legal action is required, then we move to an hourly or fixed fee. We will only do so in consultation with you. You can view our fees here.
Debt collection laws in Ireland
Debt collection laws in Ireland may differ compared to the regulations in your country. Depending on the amount and complexity of the case, the following cases will be processed by different courts.
- For cases up to €15,000, the District Court is appointed.
- For cases up to €75,000, the Circuit Court is appointed.
- Cases above €75,000 are processed by the High Court.
For all three cases, our lawyers can assist you. Before doing so, we serve your debtor a Statement of Claim. In a debt claim, the claim notice must be endorsed with a statement as follows: “If you pay the amount of €… and costs of €… to the claimant or the claimant’s solicitor within ten days and without filing and serving an appearance and defence you may avoid further costs.”
Ordinary civil proceedings
If ordinary civil proceedings are initiated, both parties will appear in court and will be asked to present their cases. This will be followed by a judgment made by the Irish court. Before initiating such proceedings, it is important to consider the costs, as court fees differ depending on the complexity of the claim.
International debt collection laws in Ireland
Regardless of where you and your debtor are located, our experts can help creditors with debt collection in Ireland. If you and your debtor are both nationals of any member state of the European Union, the European Small Claims and European Order for Payment procedures are two legal possibilities that we can initiate on your behalf. Specific conditions apply, which is why it is best to contact our lawyers.
Debt collection enforcement in Ireland
Once our lawyers have received a judgement against your Irish debtor, the judgement will still have to be enforced. Under EU law, judgements obtained in an EU Member State are recognized in other EU countries as well. For the execution of a judgment from your country in Ireland, your court will issue a certificate. This is then sent to the bailiff in Ireland together with the judgment. The bailiff can then proceed to ensure that the debt collection judgement is enforced in Ireland.
Limitation period in Ireland
An outstanding invoice cannot be collected forever. Once an invoice becomes time-barred, you cannot recover the unpaid amount through court intervention. That’s why it is important to know that payment claims in Ireland have a limitation period of 6 years. There are possibilities to interrupt the limitation period, for example:
- Sending a payment reminder through a lawyer. Specific conditions for this reminder will have to be met
- An acknowledgement of the outstanding amount by the debtor
- Initiating legal proceedings against your debtor
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in Ireland?
- Highest collection rate throughout Ireland
- Extensive measures to recover your debt in the extrajudicial and judicial phase
- No Cure No Pay debt collection in Ireland
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
- 24/7 tracking of your case in our online portal
“Did you know that when litigating against foreign debtors, you should consider the competent court and applicable law?”
Start your debt collection in Ireland today
Start your debt collection case in Ireland today! While our international debt collection team gets started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.