Debt Collection in
- Effortlessly start your case within 2 minutes
- German and French debt collection lawyers
- Assistance in the pre-legal and legal phase with civil and accelerated debt collection procedures
- Debt collection in Vianden, Echternach or Diekirch? 95% success rate throughout Luxembourg
- No Cure No Pay debt collection
When dealing with debt collection in Luxembourg, you can count on Bierens to act swiftly and efficiently against your debtor. With more resources than a regular debt collection agency in Luxembourg, our experts can help overcome the language, cultural and legal differences that arise when dealing with debtors. Our specialists always start in the extrajudicial phase on a No Cure No Pay basis. Should legal action be necessary, then our debt collection lawyers can assist you in the judicial phase when applying civil proceeding at the 'Justice de Paix’ or initiate accelerated debt collection procedures against your debtor. For successful debt collection in Luxembourg, find out what our experts can do for you and recover your debt.
Debt collection in Luxembourg explained in 7 steps
- Step 1: You can easily upload your claim here. All you have to do is enter your details, your debtor’s details and information regarding your debt collection case in Luxembourg.
- Step 2: Your caseworker will send your debtor a demand letter. This will be written in either German or French depending on the language your debtor speaks and customised according to your case.
- Step 3: We start our investigation by checking international credit reports and local databases. This way we can understand why the invoice was not paid. This helps us to define our strategy to solve your debt collection case in Luxembourg more efficiently.
- Step 4: Your caseworker will reach out to you to discuss the approach you wish to have. We adjust our strategy accordingly and you can track the status of the case 24/7 through our online portal.
- Step 5: If your debtor fails to respond to the demand letter, then our efforts do not stop there. We will contact your debtor by phone and in writing. By directly contacting your debtor, we ensure to avoid any miscommunication.
- Step 6: In some cases, we can also have your debtor visited by debt collectors. With our contacts across Luxembourg and private detectives, we can further investigate your debtor.
- Step 7: 95% of our cases are solved in the extrajudicial phase without court intervention. With the expertise of our native in-house specialists and the various resources that we have in store for your debtor, we can collect your claim. If your debtor refuses to pay or disputes the case, we can continue in the legal phase in consultation with you. Before doing so, we extensively discuss your options and costs.
International experts for debt collection in Luxembourg
With a team of more than 115+ experts in international recovery, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know about debt recovery in Luxembourg. With each specialising in different countries and industries, our lawyers can tell you everything you need to know in both the extrajudicial and judicial phases. By overcoming the language, cultural and legal differences, our international debt collection specialist can have your unpaid debt recovered in no time. Find out more about our international team here.
Free case evaluation by the best debt collection specialists
Debt collection costs: No Cure No Pay debt collection in Luxembourg
When solving your debt collection in Luxembourg, we aim to recover your debt without court intervention. We start on a No Cure No Pay basis, whereby we charge €165,- for administrative costs. We aim to collect the interest and costs from your debtor; however, this differs per case. With more resources than regular debt collection agencies in Luxembourg, you can expect the following:
- Personal contact with your caseworker
- Personal contact with your debtor by phone and in writing
- Customised strategy according to your case
- Access to the largest national and international B2B debt collection databases
- Real knowledge of local business cultures and payment behaviours
- Knowledge of national and international judicial procedures
- Honest advice if legal action is necessary
If legal action is required, then we move to an hourly or fixed fee. We will only do so in consultation with you. You can view our fees here.
Debt collection laws in Luxembourg
Debt collection laws in Luxembourg may differ compared to the regulations in your country. Often following local procedures is much more effective and faster. With a debt collection lawyer by your side, they can initiate the following procedures on your behalf:
Civil court proceedings
If the amount of a claim is less than €15,000,- you may proceed to the Tribunal de paix, also known as the civil court in Luxembourg. For claims more than €15,000,- you will have to go to the Tribunal d'arrondissement. Both courts offer the possibility to simplify the debt collection procedure. This debt collection procedure is only suitable for simple collections. In the case of disputed claims, a standard debt collection procedure must be followed.
Accelerated debt collection procedure in Luxembourg
To initiate the accelerated debt collection procedure in Luxembourg, you will have to download several forms online. These can be found on the websites of various courts. The forms must be filled in, signed, and returned to the court. The court then assesses whether the application can be accepted and submits a provisional payment order to the debtor. The debtor is then given a certain amount of time to respond in writing. If your debtor fails to respond, then the payment order must be completed within 6 months, and you will receive an enforceable title.
If the debtor disputes the claim, this can be communicated in writing. The case is then also settled in writing by the court. Only if both parties request a hearing will a hearing be scheduled. If the disputed case cannot be dealt with in this accelerated procedure, ordinary civil proceedings will be initiated.
International debt collection laws in Luxembourg
Regardless of where you and your debtor are located, our experts can help creditors with debt collection in Luxembourg. If you and your debtor are both nationals of any member state of the European Union, the European Small Claims and European Order for Payment procedures are two legal possibilities that we can initiate on your behalf. Specific conditions apply, which is why it is best to contact our lawyers.
Debt collection enforcement in Luxembourg
Once our lawyers have received a judgement against your debtor, the judgement will still have to be enforced. Under EU law, judgements obtained in an EU Member State are recognized in other EU countries as well. For the execution of a judgment from your country in Luxembourg, your court will issue a certificate. This is then sent to the bailiff in Luxembourg together with the judgment. The bailiff can then proceed to ensure that the debt collection judgement is enforced in Luxembourg.
Limitation period in Luxembourg
An outstanding invoice cannot be collected forever. Once an invoice becomes time-barred, you cannot recover the unpaid amount through court intervention. That’s why it is important to act on time. With different limitation periods across different countries, our lawyers can tell you more.
Why hire Bierens rather than a regular debt collection agency in Luxembourg?
- Highest collection rate throughout Luxembourg
- Extensive measures to recover your debt in the extrajudicial and judicial phase
- No Cure No Pay debt collection in Luxembourg
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
- 24/7 tracking of your case in our online portal
“Did you know that when litigating against foreign debtors, you should consider the competent court and applicable law?”
Start your debt collection in Luxembourg today
Start your debt collection case in Luxembourg today! While our international debt collection team gets started on your case, you can resume your regular business operations. Upload your case for immediate action or contact our experts today.