Would you like to hire a debt collection agency?
Swift collections based on no cure no pay? Then you need to hire a debt collection lawyer. This way you increase your chances of successful debt collection.
Our debt collection lawyers collect based on No Cure No pay. This means that you are provided with the knowledge and experience of a debt collection lawyer for the price of a debt collection agency. This is the best combination to get your outstanding invoices paid. Whether your debtor is located nationally or internationally, our debt collection lawyers can always help you.
Hiring a debt collection law firm
Unpaid invoices can be very frustrating. Undoubtedly, you have done everything in your power to get your invoice paid. From calling the debtor to sending payment reminders, with no effect. Would you like to retrieve your debt in a timely and inexpensive manner? Then hiring a debt collection agency is not the solution. Why? You are in a much stronger position with a debt collection law firm.
7 reasons why you need a debt recovery solicitor
- Our debt collection lawyers offer quality based on No Cure No Pay: Did you think that only debt collection agencies work based on No Cure No Pay? Our debt collection lawyers also work based on No Cure No Pay. As we have the highest success rates, you are guaranteed the most cost-effective solution. We can help you retrieve your unpaid invoice for the cost of a debt collection agency, but with the knowledge and experience of a debt collection lawyer.
- A debt collection lawyer works more efficiently than a debt collection agency: An average debt recovery procedure can take some time. We understand you would like to retrieve your payment as soon as possible. That is why we take quick action and ensure your debtor responds as soon as possible. This way we can ensure you receive the payment you are entitled to. With Bierens Debt Recovery Lawyers you are guaranteed swift action.
- A debt collection lawyer has more resources to collect an unpaid invoice: A debt collection agency does not actually do much more than what you can do yourself, including calling your debtor and sending payment reminders. A debt collection lawyer, however, is much more effective and has more resources. Although a debt collection lawyer starts a recovery procedure by calling your debtor and sending payment reminders, we also have the knowledge and expertise on the use of the law. We can start legal proceedings on your behalf and have the means to pressurise your debtor by for example seizing their assets or pursuing other legal actions.
- Becoming a debt collection lawyer is not as simple: Anyone can start a debt collection agency. There are no requirements for this. That is why, unfortunately, there are a lot of fraudulent debt collection agencies active. This will not easily be the case with a debt collection lawyer. Every lawyer must abide by the rules of the Bar Association. If these are not adhered to, lawyers may be panelised and may no longer practice the law. Unfortunately, there is no such supervision for debt collection agencies.
- Defaulters are intimidated by debt collection lawyers: A defaulter often has several creditors. You are probably not the only one with an unpaid invoice by this debtor. That is why it is important that your debtor prioritises your company first. If your debtor knows that a debt collection law firm is involved, they know that debt collection lawyers have more resources.
- A debt collection law firm makes use of a third-party trust account: Each law firm uses a third-party trust account. This is always mandatory, as you will be guaranteed that your unpaid invoice will be collected and delivered to the right party. You can be assured that the collected payment will not end up in the wrong hands.
- A debt collection lawyer has higher success rates: Naturally, you would want your unpaid invoices to be collected as soon as possible. With a debt collection agency, the chances of a successful collection are much smaller than with a debt collection law firm. With fewer resources and knowledge, this of course is to be expected.
Are you hiring a debt collection agency or a debt collection law firm?
A debt collection law firm has more resources to collect your outstanding invoice than a debt collection agency. For example, a debt collection lawyer can seize your debtors’ assets or go to court to sue them for all outstanding claims. Moreover, in certain countries, only a debt collection lawyer is authorised to perform certain legal actions, which our lawyers are fully aware of.
A debt collection agency is not authorised to use these means of collection. When you hire a debt collection agency, they essentially perform the same actions you can do, from calling the debtor to sending payment reminders. They are not authorised to take any other action. In some cases, a debt collection agency may threaten the debtor too by for example seizing their assets, even though they are not authorised to do so. A debtor is also aware of the limited actions that a debt collection agency can take, having little effect.
What if sending payment reminders and calling your debtor has not to effect? Then a debt collection lawyer will eventually have to be hired to pressurise your debtor. That is why it is better to hire a debt collection lawyer immediately. This will strengthen your position and increase the chances of you receiving your unpaid invoice.
In practice, it is increasingly common to encounter a disputed claim. The debtor is then of the opinion that you have not complied with certain agreements stipulated in the contract. Your debtor then refuses to pay. In the case of a disputed claim, legal proceedings are often necessary. In such cases, you will need the expertise of a debt collection lawyer.
Costs of hiring a debt collection lawyer or a debt collection agency
You have waited long enough for your payment. Therefore, you do not wish to spend an awful lot of money on hiring a debt collection lawyer or a debt collection agency.
Each collection party charges different rates. Many collections agencies work based on No Cure No Pay. This may seem favourable, but is this really the case? The conditions differ for each party, which makes it difficult to draw price comparisons. Not only is this dependent on the costs, but also the amount that the debt collection lawyer or debt collection agency is able to retrieve from the debtor. For example, if you hire a debt collection agency that appears to be relatively inexpensive, but is unsuccessful in retrieving your invoice, you will still have an outstanding invoice. In that case, you would be in a stronger position with a debt collection lawyer. The cost will be based on No Cure No Pay, and our debt collection lawyer has the means to get your debtor to pay. This will be more beneficial and cost-effective.
We specialise in business debt collections
- Successful collection since 1952
- No Cure No Pay debt collection
- Success rate of 95%
- More resources than a debt collection agency
- 24/7 access to our portal
- For SMEs and multinationals
- High customer satisfaction
- International expertise
- Immediate action after uploading your claim
Why choose Bierens and not hire a debt collection agency?
Bierens has extensive knowledge and experience
We specialise in collecting outstanding invoices from business debtors. We have been collecting since 1952. In fact, we were the very first law firm to specialise in debt collection in the Netherlands. Thanks to our many years of experience in debt collection, we now know how to approach debtors in the best possible way. Due to our high success rates, we have expanded into various countries within and outside Europe. Our lawyers are aware of the local laws, customs, traditions, and languages, which also increased your chances if you have an unpaid invoice from an international partner.
Debt collection based on No Cure No Pay
Our debt recovery agency works based on No Cure No Pay. What if we do not collect your claim? Then you will only have to pay the fixed costs for administrative fees. We will do our utmost to ensure that the full invoiced amount including interest and costs is paid, and in most cases, we succeed in doing so. In that case, you (or rather the debtor) will have to pay a percentage to our office, which is usually to the sum of interest and costs. You will then receive the full invoiced amount. You will encounter minimal risk if we do not collect your full claim, and a very low amount of costs if we do retrieve your payment.
Fast payment of your invoices
The moment you hire a debt collection lawyer or debt collection agency, you want your payment as soon as possible. After all, it has already taken long enough, and we understand this. As soon as you transfer your case, we will send a letter to your debtor the very same day. Moreover, we apply short payment terms. This way we ensure that you receive your payment as soon as possible.
Debt recovery abroad
Would you like to hire a debt recovery agency abroad? You can also contact us for your collections from foreign customers. We have a large team of international debt recovery specialists who can help you with your foreign debt recovery case. On our international debt collection page, you can read all about international debt collection.
Debt recovery agency for business collections
Do you have a business collection? Then you have come to the right place at Bierens. Our debt collection law firm is specialised in solving business collections. We only help companies that have a claim on another company. Collecting from business clients and private clients is not the same. Our lawyers have the knowledge and expertise to make your business client pay quickly. Most debt collection agencies do not have the same specialisation, as they usually focus on private collections.
Who can make use of our debt recovery services?
- All business collections
- Invoices starting from €100 to unlimited amounts
- Entrepreneurs, small businesses, and multinationals
- We work throughout the United Kingdom
- We also work throughout Europe in for example Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Belgium.
When should you hire a debt collection agency?
Hiring a debt collection agency is a big step for many companies. Many companies are uncertain about when the best time is to hire a debt collection agency. This differs per situation. For example, it depends on whether your debtor is a consumer or a supplier. If you have any questions you can always contact our solicitors
Hiring a debt collection agency with business debtors
Do you have a business client? Then in principle, you can immediately call in a debt collection agency once the payment term has expired. However, our advice is not to do this immediately. It is advised to first contact your customer and ask why the invoice has not been paid.
Hiring a debt collection agency immediately without any form of communication with your customer, may not be beneficial for your business relationship. In addition, we advise you to first send a payment reminder. What if this has no effect? Then you could send a final reminder in which you state that if the payment is not made, you will hire a debt collection agency and your debtor will have to cover all additional costs.
Read more: 6 tips for calling debtors
Approaching your debtor
An outstanding invoice can be very frustrating. We know that for many entrepreneurs, small businesses, and even multinationals, it is extremely important to maintain a good relationship with your client. In most cases, there is a belief that transferring your unpaid invoice to a debt collection agency may ruin a good relationship.
Our approach is firm where necessary, yet always fair and respectful. Based on our experience, we know this is the best approach. Giving a debtor endless time to make a payment will not get your invoice paid. Ultimately, only you can ensure that you receive the payment you are entitled to. That is why you should inform your debtor that you have had enough.
In addition, our approach is always respectful towards debtors. We do not use illegal collection techniques. Because we are a law firm, we must adhere to the strict rules of the Bar Association. If we do something that is against the law, then we will no longer be able to practice our profession. It is as simple as that. More importantly, we ourselves believe it is important to treat debtors with respect.
If you have a different approach in mind, we can always coordinate an appropriate response. Together with our debt recovery specialist, we can determine the best course of action.
Hiring a debt recovery agency in the UK as a one-off?
Many debt collection agencies work with subscriptions. If you wish to make use of their services, you are obliged to subscribe. We can very well imagine that you would rather hire a debt recovery agency for a one-off basis. Ideally, you would prefer to avoid having to hire a debt recovery agency in the first place, but this way you can decide if you are satisfied with the service first.
That is why our debt recovery services allow you to make use of our expertise without having to be bound by us. Whether you have a single invoice or a dozen, we will always do our utmost to solve your case as quickly as possible.
Our debt collection lawyers
Bierens has a large team of debt collection lawyers, consisting of debt collection specialists, attorneys, and solicitors. We ensure that your case is dealt with by the right specialist. In most cases this someone who is experienced in your industry and is specialised in the debt collection laws of the country your debtor is established. This way you can be ensured that the right debt collection solicitors will be working on your case.